Mailing List |
Source Code |
Since Mozilla 1.1 doesn't have a clean uninstall functionality yet, here's detailed instructions on how to strip out QLookup. Some people will recommend that you delete the 'chrome.rdf' file and the overlayinfo directory, since Mozilla will re-create them. This is simpler, but it may damage other add-ons you have installed.
No guarantees. No warranty implied. All rights reservered. Misuse may result in death or disfigurement.
- Quit mozilla, including the quicklaunch feature.
- Go to the Mozilla install directory (On my linux box, /usr/local/mozilla. On my Windows box, c:\Programs Files\Mozilla.)
- Go to the 'chrome' directory.
- Edit the file 'chrome.rdf'. Delete the stanza:
<RDF:Description about="urn:mozilla:package:qlookup" c:baseURL="resource:/chrome/qlookup/content/" c:locType="install" c:displayName="QLookup" c:author="Michael Stricklin" c:name="qlookup" />and the line:
- Edit the file 'installed-chrome.txt'. Delete the line:
- Delete the directory 'qlookup' and all its subdirectories.
- Change into the directory 'overlayinfo/navigator/content'.
- Edit the file 'overlays.rdf'. Delete the line:
- Restart Mozilla. Live in a sadder, but QLookup-less world.